Digital content which involves games, videos, audio, images, e-book and others are contents must persons makes use of on a daily basis. This contents are sometimes deleted after use for example, a user might get tired of listening to a particular music and want to get rid it after he/she must have exhausted a sizeable amount of data to download such content.
The market for digital content in 2016 increased in volume by 5.7% as compared to the previous year bringing the total market volume to 8415 billion yen which 67.7% of the whole content market. Secondary content distribution is still new and this means that there are many opportunities it has to tap into.
Secondary content distribution can be described as a process of buying and selling of digital contents. Secondary content distribution offers users the ability to sell digital content that they don’t want to make use of instead if just deleting them after the user must have spent a large amount of data. Therefore, based on the opportunities provided by the digital content market, secondary content distribution aims to capitalize on such opportunities but is limited by some challenges associated with digital contents.
CHALLENGES ASSOCIATED WITH DIGITAL CONTENTS
- Digital contents can be easily copied, digital contents such as games, audios, images and the rest of them can be easily copied or shared to other persons which poses the problem of how to sell this contents when it can be copied by other persons.
- The current digital services does not give license to users therefore making it impossible to re-sell when the service shuts down, the resultant effect is that the user loses his/her content due to the inability to re-sell them.
- Profits are not returned to the owner of the content being sold, for instance if a user wants to re-sell a content (music) in a secondary markets, the owner of such music would not be be rewarded in the sale of such content.
Asobi is a decentralized secondary content platform which utilizes blockchain technology and smart contracts to create a secured system in distributing second-hand digital content giving users the ability to re-sell second-hand contents in the secondary market.
Digital contents such as: e-books, game items, music, videos can be traded on the Asobi platform.
Asobi platform using its out of the box strategies will provide the following solutions to the challenges associated with digital contents, they include:
- Asobi utilizes dApps to provide a distributed secondary market for Second-hand contents with a Decentralized Security System (DSS) which allows for transparency in transactions.
- Users are given the license to sell second-hand digital contents on the blockchain which guaranteed through DRM, and DSS. This license allows users to re-sell their content in the event a digital service closes up.
- The irrefutable proof of content ownership and smart contracts profits realized from the re-sale of a second hand content is returned to the original owner of the content.
- Users are rewarded with Asobi coin, a crypto currency for selling second-hand digital contents on the platform, which can be also used to purchase other digital contents.
Asobi creates a decentralized ecosystem where users can buy digital contents at lower prices and also re-sell second hand digital contents using Asobi coins built on a secured and transparent blockchain solution.
Bitcointalk URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1910177